Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm Back!

Sorry for the enexplained absence. Some lightning fried my router during a rainstorm last night, making it impossible for me to get online until about 10 minutes ago. This was following about an hour & a half with various technical support people. The Cablevision guy was very knowledgeable and helpful, and the D-Link router people were quite the opposite. Apparently, the warranty on my router expired on June 1st, so there's not much they're going to do for me unless I give them some money, something which I'm not terribly inclined to do right now.

So for now, I'm just accessing the internet directly through my modem. I suppose I'm going to have to buy a brand new router soon, perferably from some company other than D-Link. If anyone out there in internet-land has a recommendation for a good router, I'd love to hear it.

Anyway. Enough of this stuff -- Back to the Cartoon Diary!

No comments: