Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cartoon Diary, Day 007


The contrast between these two moments above was what really got me. This person & I were talking about how the community theatre world can be close-knit to the point of being incestuous. You meet someone who's been in a show with someone who's dated someone who's cheated on that someone with the first someone. So it's a good idea to watch what you say, and to whom.

Of course, not more than one minute later, this guy starts talking about one of the actors in his current show & the stuff this actor is doing wrong. I'm not really trying to come down on my theatre acquaintance -- it's a natural human impulse. I just thought it was funny.

I should also point out that I'm essentially doing the same thing by making a cartoon about this guy, so I'm just as guilty as him.

Hmmm... my cartoon about this person's hypocracy is also pointing out my own hypocracy. This post is getting so Meta...

3 comments:

Andrew Reinhard said...

Hey, John. I'm enjoying your TBS (Turner Broadcasting System?). If you want to make a little extra cash, you could draw occasional Greek myth comics for this website: http://mythology.bolchazy.com/

The pay is crap, but you can get more of your work out there. Bolchazy-Carducci Publishers is doing the Classical Mythology & More webpage to get kids interested in old stories via new voices of comic artists. Take a peep and let me know if you'd like to help. At the end of the project, I want to do a graphic novel on Greek myth based on the art we've collected.

John Trumbull said...

Hey, I'm getting paid crap at a non-art related job now, so yeah, I'd be interested.

Unknown said...

BWA HAAAAAA HA HA HA
Love it.